The Wisconsin Towing Association, a division of the Wisconsin Motor Carriers Association, was established in 1967 as a non-profit trade association to represent the interests of towing and recovery operators within the State of Wisconsin. The stated purposes of the Association are to promote a general feeling of cooperation, understanding and friendliness among members of the industry; to promote a positive image of the industry with the motoring public; educate members relative to towing operations, safety and better business practices; foster an exchange of information between operators within Wisconsin as well as those individuals in the business of towing and recovery in other states; and to promote and insure a viable business climate in Wisconsin for the members of our industry.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE – CODE OF ETHICS
- To promote a general feeling of friendliness, cooperation and better understanding among members.
- To afford protection against fraud by or against the members of the Association.
- To perform such services so as to improve conditions in the towing and recovery industry, and to advance its best interests.
- To promote a general feeling of friendliness, cooperation and confidence between the motoring public, commercial vehicle operators, other highway users and the towing and recovery industry of this state.
- To institute and foster the reform of any and all abuses within the industry.
- To promote safety on the streets and highways of the State.
- To cooperate with any other Association whose objects and purposes are altogether or in part similar to those of this Association.